1. Who is considered as the Father of Physical Anthropology ?
(A) Franz Boas
(B) Fredrich Blumenbach
(C) C. R. Darwin
(D) E. B. Taylor
2. Who introduced the concept of ‘New Physical Anthropology’ ?
(A) Franz Boas
(B) E. B. Taylor
(C) R. M. Sarkar
(D) S. L. Washburn
3. The measurement of human body is known as ——————.
4. The study of ancient human fossils is known as ——————.
5. The total number chromosomes present in a human cell ——————.
6. Who is the author of the book “On the Origin of Species by means of Natural Selection’’ ?
(A) J. B Lamarck
(B) C. R Darwin
(C) Thomas Huxley
(D) Thomas Malthus
7. Which cell organelle is considered as the ‘powerhouse of the cell’ ?
(B) Endoplasmic Reticulum
8. Man belongs to the order ——————.
9. ‘Erthroblasosis foetalis’ is caused due to the incompatibility of ——————.
(A) ABO blood group
(B) Rh blood group
(C) MNS blood group
(D) Lewis and Duffy blood group
10. Body Mass Index (BMI) is :
(A) Height (cm)/Weight(Kg)
11. The term ‘anthropoid’ refers to a unit of classification that includes :
(A) Monkeys and apes but not human
(B) Apes and humans but not monkeys
(C) Monkeys, apes and humans
(D) Lemurs, lorises, monkeys, apes and humans
12. Who substituted the term bride-price with bride-wealth ?
(A) M.N Srinivas
(B) S. C. Roy
(D) E. E. Evans-Pritchard
13. The principle of social stratification in India is reflected in the formation of —————.
(A) Ethnic group
14. Which of these is typically an ‘achieved’ status in most societies ?
15. The ability to move or change one’s position in a system of social inequality is called :
(A) Social mobility
(B) Social institution
(C) Social stratification
(D) Social status
16. —————— is the systematic study of human behaviour in social and cultural
(A) Applied Anthropology
(C) Socio-cultural Anthropology
17. Who has defined anthropology as ‘Mirror of Man’ ?
(A) B. Malinowski
(B) C. Kluckhohn
(C) A. Kroeber
(D) A. Radcliffe Brown
18. The author of Homo Hierarchicus is ——————.
(A) Wilbert Moore
(B) Richard B. Davis
(C) Louis Dumont
(D) None of these
19. Which of the following is not a characteristic feature of primary groups ?
(A) Physical proximity among group members
(B) Large size of the group
(C) Personal relationships
(D) Control over the members
20. Family is a ——————.
(A) Social Organization
(B) Social Institution
(D) Secondary Group
21. Which of the following is a component of ethnographic research ?
(A) Participant observation
(B) interviews, and/or documentary analysis
(D) All of these
22. The study of the material culture of past people is called ——————.
23. Any portable object made or altered by human hands is called an ——————.
(D) Ash mound
24. Similar artefacts which are made of the same material found at a site is called as an
25. Today —————— is a very widely used dating method in archaeology.
(B) Fission track
(C) Thermo luminescence
26. A blade is a ——————.
(A) blade tool
(B) flake tool
(C) core tool
(D) bone tool
27. Burin may have been used as —————— tools.
(A) a cutting
(B) a polishing
(C) an engraving
(D) a grinding
28. Chronologically arrange the glacial period of Europe :
(A) Gunz – Riss- Mindel- Wurm
(B) Riss- Gunz- Mindel-Wurm
(C) Gunz- Mindel- Riss- Wurm
(D) Wurm- Riss- Gunz- Mindel
29. Palynology is the study of ——————.
(C) Skeletal remains
(D) Tree rings
30. Which among the following is a Neolithic tool ?
31. Olduvai Gorge is located in —————— of Africa.
(A) Soan Valley
(B) Breede River Valley
(C) Rift Valley
(D) Nile River Valley
32. The Prehistoric site of Dmanisi is located at ——————.
33. Khasi language comes under which linguistic family ?
(A) Austro Asiatic
34. Which one of the following is known as close category ?
35. Who gave the concept of Sanskritization ?
(A) L. P. Vidyarthi
(B) Leela Dube
(C) S. C. Roy
(D) M. N. Srinivas
36. Which state has the highest number of PVTGs in India ?
(C) Madhya Pradesh.
37. Bewar , Dahiya, Kuruwa, Jhum is alternative names for which type of cultivation ?
(C) Shifting Cultivation
(D) Organic Cultivation
38. Who gave the concept of Nature-Man-Spirit Complex ?
(A) L.P. Vidyarthi
(B) Leela Dube
(C) S.C Roy
(D) M.N Srinivas
39. Which is not the feature of Dominant Caste ?
(A) Decision making power
(B) Numerical Strength
(C) High Education status
(D) High Social position
40. Article 341 empowers the president for ——————.
(A) Making notification of SC
(B) Making notification of ST
(C) Both SC and ST
41. The three primary races of mankind are ——————.
(A) Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid
(B) Caucasoid, Australoid, Negroid
(C) Mongoloid, Negroid, Australoid
(D) Negroid, Australoid, Bantu
42. Among the living apes, the genetically closest to humans is ——————.
43. The ability to perceive objects in three dimensions (depth perception) is known as
(A) Stereoscopic vision
(B) Dichromatic vision
(C) Panoramic vision
(D) Binocular vision
44. How many number of Scheduled Tribe reside in the state of Odisha ?
45. The National Tribal Policy was drafted in the year ——————.
46. The protest against the Vedanta Alumina Limited at Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district
was led by the —————— tribes.
47. Who coined the term ecosystem ?
(A) Ernst Haeckel
(B) A. G. Tansley
(C) Marvin Haris
(D) Julian Steward
48. Hypoxia is associated with —————— environment.
(A) High altitude
49. The ability to adapt wide range of environment is known as ——————.
50. The scientific study or diagnostic examination of blood serum is known as
51. In UNESCO statements of race, UNESCO stands for :
(A) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
(B) United Nations Economic, Scientific and Cultural Organization
(C) United Nations Educational, Social and Cultural Organization
(D) United Nations Economic, Social and Cultural Organization
52. What is a DNA marker ?
(A) A gene or DNA sequence
(C) Blood groups
53. Who among the following is regarded as an arm-chair anthropologist ?
(A) Edmund Leach
(B) James Frazer
(D) B. Malinowski
54. Claude Levi-Strauss is closely associated with the theoretical perspective of :
(A) Cultural evolution
(B) Social Darwinism
55. Unilinear evolution of culture propounded by :
(A) B. Malinowski
(B) Julian Steward
(C) L. H. Morgan
(D) Leslie White
56. The study of growth is also known as :
57. Age – related deterioration process is known as :
58. “Heath and Carter” method is used for studying :
(A) Human Physiology
(B) Human Physique
(C) Human Growth
(D) Human Nutrition Status
59. Research is ——————.
(A) Searching again and again
(B) Finding solution to any problem
(C) Working in a scientific way to search for truth of any problem
(D) None of these
60. Inductive logic proceeds from :
(A) General to General
(B) Particular to General
(C) General to Particular
(D) Particular to Particular
61. Information is ——————.
(A) Raw Data
(B) Processed Data
(C) Input data
(D) Organized data
62. The half-life period of radio carbon dating is —————— years.
(A) 5730 ± 40
(C) 5930 ± 40
63. Who conducted the Yale Cambridge Expedition at Potwar region ?
(A) N.K. Bose and D. Sen
(B) H. de Terra and T.T. Paterson
(C) H. D. Sankalia
(D) R.D. Banerjee and V.N Mishra
64. Kuliana site belongs to which lithic culture ?
65. Who among the following proposed the term ‘Action Anthropology’ ?
(A) Karl Marx
(B) Sol Tax
(C) Marx Weber
(D) R. Ottenburg
66. The United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (UNCSD) is also known
(A) Kyoto Protocol
(B) Agenda 21
(C) Sustainable Development Goals
(D) Rio 2012
67. Which field in anthropology uses photography, films as research tool ?
(B) Visual Anthropology
(D) Applied Anthropology
68. The place where skull bones fuses are known as :
69. —————— is the study of the ways in which various processes affect the skeleton
after death and it is used to asses natural bone damage done by human activity.
70. Odontology deals with ——————.
Post a Comment